SpaceUp Houston’s second Commercial Spaceflight Panel was held Thursday August 18, 2011 at the Lunar & Planetary Institute (LPI). A huge thanks goes to the staff at LPI and our streaming sponsors Schipul and South Coast Film & Video for expanding our audience to the online world. We had a room filled with around 100 passionate individuals and an online audience of almost 300. Not bad for only advertising two days before hand that we were going to stream the event. Thank you for spreading the word!
Our panel participants included companies from the suborbital market (Virgin Galactic, Armadillo Aerospace, and XCOR) as well as the current NASA CCDev2 companies (ULA, Boeing, and Sierra Nevada). We thoroughly enjoyed the evening and are grateful to all of the panel participants for taking time to come share a bit of their world with those of us who are facing change in ours. The enthusiasm of the audience, the panel members, and the online participants led to an engaging evening including the Q&A. Check out pictures from the evening on our Flickr account.
The video sequence of events is as follows:
- Welcome & Introductions – Cindy (@txflygirl)
- Virgin Galactic – Will Pomerantz (VP Special Projects)
- Armadillo Aerospace – Neil Milburn (VP Program Management)
- XCOR – Khaki McKee (Program Manager)
- United Launch Alliance – Jeff Patton (Business Development & Advanced Programs)
- Boeing – Mike Burghardt (Director of Spacecraft Development)
- Sierra Nevada – John Curry (Director Spacecraft Advanced Development)
- Closing Remarks – Cindy (@txflygirl)
The Commercial Spaceflight Panel was made possible through our partnership with NASA and LPI and our 2011 Sponsors.
Did you miss the February Commercial Spaceflight Panel? You can watch the video and catch up.